smooth chocolate and berries in a jar

The sweet experiment last weekend turned out like this, an irresistible composition of colours and creamy goodness! I've been wanting to try this for quite some time but I don't always have the time or ingredients to make the things I want, especially when I'm not following a particular recipe...
Anyway, this is a dessert which consists of chocolate mousse, chocolate cake and red berries mousse layered a bit randomly (as long as the chocolate cake gets to have mousse on top and bottom to get extra moisture).
I cannot begin to explain how delicious it is... I think they look quite cute in small jars and it's also a good way of freezing the ones you are not eating immediately. The ones I put in the glasses were eaten as dessert after dinner but I've made 3 extra jars which went straight into the freezer. Ready for next weekend :)
So... here is roughly how I made them.

I made a vegan chocolate cake using the recipe for chocolate cupcakes from my favourite cupcake recipe book (Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World). It turns out beautiful as a cake as well, light, soft and airy, just what I needed to absorb the moisture from the mousse.

With the cake in the oven I made chocolate mousse, using the following ingredients:
- 1 pack of soft tofu
- 200 g dark chocolate
- 1 tbsp of ginginha (Portuguese bitter cherry liqueur, but you can use Port, cherry or even skip this ingredient)
- 2 tbsp of agave nectar

Process:
- Cut tofu into large cubes and put into blender along with all ingredients except chocolate
- Melt chocolate in a bowl over hot water
- Pour chocolate into blender and blend all ingredients together until smooth

For the red berries mousse I just mixed soft tofu with frozen berries (which you can get from any supermarket) and blended until soft.

So now it's just a matter of being creative and playing with colours and layers! You can even add a few berries on top to give it a special touch and extra flavour :)
I used biscuits cutters to cut circles of chocolate cake. Don't forget to leave the cake to cool down completely before you cut into it.

Enjoy!!





Comments

Popular Posts