My Easter makings

Here we had a very lovely four day Easter break. I have a million things to do but was in real need of a quiet few days and these came in the perfect time.
Turns out that a bit of baking and sewing is the perfect remedy to put the stress away, it might be temporary but it's worth it.

I leave you here the result: another soft toy for my collection (the one on the right), another bunny in fact (yes, ok, my interpretation of a bunny...), and Easter themed sugar biscuits. What did you create during your Easter break?




And here goes the recipe for the Vegan Sugar Biscuits:





Ingredients:

- 1 cup plain flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar (I think they were a bit too sweet for my liking and next time will use less)
- 1/2 cup vegan spread (I used sunflower spread from Pure)
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- zest of 1 lemon


Method:

1. In a bowl beat the spread and sugar together until light and creamy. Add the vanilla extract and beat a bit more.
2. Sift half the flour and baking powder into the bowl  and carefully mix it in. Once it's incorporated add the other half and mix again.
3. Knead the dough until smooth, then wrap it in cling film and leave it to rest for half an hour in the fridge.
4. Pre-heat the oven to 180.º C.
5. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface until you get to about 4mm thickness. Use preferred shape biscuits cutters to cut the biscuits
6. Place on a baking tray lined with baking paper and bake for about 10 to 15 min or until light golden brown. Allow to cool down before decorating.

For decoration I used icing, which is basically icing sugar with water and and a bit of blue food colour. This took quite some time... But in the end the result was quite funny.

ENJOY! :)

Comments

Popular Posts