Vegan felt and other things

 
I'm vegan, have been for a few years now. As you probably know, this means that I don't eat animal products of any kind, but that's not all. I don't wear any animal derived fabrics (leather, wool, angora, mohair, alpaca, etc.), nor buy any product that has been tested on animals. It's a bit tricky to be sure sometimes, but these days just by reading the label or doing some research you can easily have access to this information. 


You're probably asking 'but what about the crochet and knitting, don't you use wool?'. Well, the answer is a simple NO, all my crafts are cruelty free. With all the alternatives available these days there is no need to use wool of any kind. (By the way, if you are interested in understanding why vegans don't use wool have a look at THIS.)

For my crochet and knitting I use some of the many fibres available on the market, namely cotton, acrylic, soya fibre, bamboo... Some of them can be a bit on the expensive side, but thank god for ebay - the best place to find good deals on vegan yarn.

Yesterday I was so happy to find out that there is a vegan option for felt as well! I still have a few sheets of felt (wool felt) that I bought many years ago, but as soon as I finish them I'll start buying acrylic felt (see image above), which I've been told has a lovely texture.

Comments

Popular Posts